Himalayan Lapsang Souchong
A Himalayan variation of this much-loved Chinese recipe, this black tea has really been smoked over a wood fire before being gently rolled. This different processing gives it a bold golden colour and a distinct flavour that will remind amateurs of peaty whiskies... without the alcohol of course!
- A perfect comfort tea to make up for a cold or rainy day
- Play with the steeping time to explore the range of flavours and sensations, such as bitterness and astringency, that this tea offers
You will like it if: you enjoy strong but complex flavours.
How to brew:
- Pour 2.5g (a small teaspoon) of tea leaves in a strainer
- Add freshly-boiled, but not boiling, water
- Wait for approximately 4 minutes
- Brew again at least once or twice
Keep away from sunlight, heat and moisture. If possible, it is also best to store separately from coffee and spices to avoid their strong aroma to leach into your tea.